Are you stuck on one level in Arithmetic? Here are some techniques CyberSlaters have used to break a flat line.
- Choose Practice and complete one screen at a slow speed.
- Figure out which number combinations you are getting wrong.
- Say that number combination (with the correct answer) several times.
- Type the correct answer several times (always using the correct fingering on the number pad.) This will help your fingers to “think” the correct answer.
- Make a flash card with that number combination and put it in front of you.
- Do you have the Hear/Type setting for this fluency turned on? If not, send us a note to add it to your menu. Practice Hear/Type at slow speeds with a coach. Then try the See/Type. Check your charts to see if your learning opportunities are decelerating.
- If you are not completing this fluency daily, start to complete it daily, three times per day. Always begin with a practice screen and say the problem combinations aloud as you type them.